Click on the titles below to view information about our Christian Education opportunities.
Fulfillment Hour (Sunday School)
Fulfillment Hour is commonly referred to as Sunday School. It is the Foundational Strategy at Greenforest Community Baptist Church for leading people to faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and building Great Commission Christians through Bible Study groups. It is our goal to:
- Find Them: Making contact with a person and motivating them to give an honest hearing to the Gospel.
- Bring Them In: Communication the Gospel in an understandable manner and motivating a person to respond to Christ and become a responsible member of a church
- Grow Them Up: Guiding the learning activities that meet human needs from cradle to heaven
- Send Them Out: Bringing a person to spiritual completion.
Fulfillment Hour is a non-traditional model for Sunday School, which fulfills the purposes of the church in an intimate small group setting. At Greenforest, Fulfillment Hour is the nucleus, infrastructure, delivery system and employment agency of the church. It focuses the congregation on God’s six purposes of the church, Evangelism, Discipleship, Fellowship, Ministry and Worship.
Fulfillment Hour consists of small groups that model the structure of the larger church. Each Fulfillment Hour unit is led by a Shepherd and an Assistant Shepherd who are assisted by several positional leaders (See Fulfillment Hour Organizational Chart). Fulfillment Hour is available for all ages from six weeks through senior adults.
Our Biblical basis for Fulfillment Hour is referenced in Deut. 12:12, affirming our mission of reaching, teaching, winning, maturing, nurturing, and caring for our flock.
“Gather the people together, men and women and little ones, and the stranger who is within your gates, that they may hear and that they may learn to fear the Lord your God and carefully observe all the words of this law”.
Rev. Diann Ash
Minister of Christian Education
Send me an email!
Dea. Alonzo Jones,
Adult Division Director
Min. Marie Broughton,
Young Adult Division Director
Rev. Al Hollie,
Youth (Pastor) Division Director
Sis. Charlotte Atkins,
Children Division Director
Sis. Mary Sheppard,
Pre-School Division Director
Meeting Times, Literature & Locations
Fulfillment Hour is held each Sunday at 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. virtually. We believe that the Holy Bible is our primary textbook with the overarching goal to cover the entire Bible over a lifetime using a balance of biblical content, study approaches, and life issues. It is important that the curriculum is properly sequenced so that learners build a foundation. Planned, ongoing Bible study fosters strong relationships and regularly invites the lost to believe in Jesus Christ.
Fulfillment Hour Leaders’ Meeting is held each Wednesday @ 6:15 – 7:30 PM. This is dedicated time for training and instructional preparation for our shepherds (teachers). Each year we honor our shepherds for their faithfulness at our gala Leaders’ Appreciation Banquet, held the first Saturday in November.
Wednesday Bible Study
We believe that Discipleship is a process and that it extends from birth to heaven. Scripture commands that we make disciples. We invite you to come and join us each Wednesday evening for Bible Study. Classes are available for all age groups Preschool, Children, Youth, Young Adult and Adults.
We offer coed classes, gender-specific classes as well as affinity group training classes. Course duration ranges from five to sixteen weeks with and some classes that are on-going. Most classes meet for one hour with a few exceptions that are extended to two hours. Certificates and Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are available for the majority of the courses.
Evening Bible Study is held from 7:30 p.m. – 8:30 p. m.
Our Discipleship courses provide a variety of choices including an in-depth study of selected Books of the Bible precept by precept and through engaging discussions, specific Biblical topics (“The Mind of Christ”; ”Experiencing God”; Eschatology), classes on marriage, prayer, finances (Financial Peace University), parenting, New Member Orientation, Associate Ministers’ Training and more. We have the course for you!
Greenforest Community Baptist Church is currently a Certificate Hub through the New Orleans Baptist Theological and Seminary (NOBTS) and Leavell College. Two certificate programs are offered, Biblical Ministry and Biblical Teaching. Courses are offered each quarter for members and friends. Please see the course details in the brochure.
Download the NOBTS Certificate Hub brochures
The Discipleship Institute curriculum is designed to provide continuous spiritual growth for Christian disciples by reflecting the axes of the cross.
Our vision is to create a church body that loves, follows and models Christ in their character, in their relationships and by actively seeking to witness to the lost and disciple others.
The purpose of the institute is to teach the people of God to obey the commands of God.
- Courses in Laps 1, 2 and 3 are considered “core courses.” A diploma will be awarded to each participant who completes all of these core courses.
- Participants will receive a certificate of completion of each individual course provided they have not missed more than three classes.
- After completing all of the courses in Laps 1, 2 and 3, participants may receive a diploma by submitting a “Request for Diploma” to the Minister of Christian Education, Rev. Diann Ash. Forms are located in the magazine racks throughout the church.
Greenforest in partnership with New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary (NOBTS)/Leavell College offers a Certificate Program. Download our brochure to learn more about this certificate program.
Vacation Bible School
What is VBS?
Vacation Bible School (VBS) is a spirit-filled adventure for all age groups, babies through adults, that provides concentrated Bible Study and encourages real-life applications. VBS is one of the most strategic outreach tools for the church and includes age-appropriate evangelism emphasis.
VBS is a flagship church event, uniquely inviting and exciting for everyone involved. VBS is centered on a theme that permeates content, methodology, and the learning environment, creating an experience totally distinct from Sunday School.
VBS provides sound, relevant Bible study that enables participants to experience and respond to the gospel message in ways that are appropriate for them as led by the Holy Spirit. Everything that happens during a day at VBS grows out of the biblical content and emphasis of that day. The primary elements of VBS are Bible study, worship, crafts, music, missions, recreation, and snacks. Each age group may adopt these elements.
Vacation Bible School is our largest Evangelistic outreach ministry and is an entry point to the church and Christianity for many people. VBS gives the church the opportunity to establish long-term relationships with people.
Christian parents who dedicate their child are making a promise to the Lord to model Christ in their lifestyle and to do everything within their power to raise the child in a godly way until the child can make a decision to follow Christ.
Parents who make this vow of commitment are instructed to raise the child in the ways of God, according to the Word of God. Some of the responsibilities include teaching and training the child in God’s Word, demonstrating an example of godliness, disciplining according to God’s ways, and praying earnestly for the child.
Please note: Because of the serious nature of Baby Dedications, the Ceremony is not treated as an entitlement, rather as a privilege after certain conditions are met. Therefore, parents (s) are required to participate in Baby Dedication counseling prior to the Baby Dedication Ceremony.
Within these guidelines, Greenforest will dedicate children of current members, former members, and children whose grandparents are current members. Other requests will be considered on an inpidual basis.
Baby Dedication Standards/Modeling Christ
1) Parent (s) should have accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior and demonstrate a lifestyle consistent with scriptural principles. This is critical to fulfilling the parental responsibility of teaching and modeling the attributes of Christ.
- “That if you confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” (Romans 10:9-10)
- “Live by the spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature…But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.” (Galatians 5:16, 22-23
- “And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. (Deuteronomy 6:7)
2) Ideally, parents should demonstrate a relationship with Christ as evidenced by regular church attendance; participation in the various ministries of the church as well as giving of their tithes and offerings.
- “Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.” (Hebrews 10:25)
- “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not be ashamed, rightly piding the word of truth.” (2 Timothy 2:15)
- “Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house…” (Malachi 3:10)
- “Every man according as he purposed in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.” (2 Corinthians 9:7)
Keeping the aforementioned scriptures in mind, the Baby Dedication Counseling will proceed with not only the baby in mind but the spiritual welfare of the parents as well. When circumstances (lifestyles) do not align with the aforementioned biblical guidelines, counseling may be recommended for the parents before the Baby Dedication Ceremony is scheduled.
If you decide to continue to complete the following Baby Dedication Information form, you state that you understand the requirements. Please click here: BABY DEDICATION INFORMATION FORM
Saturday Hol(y)istic School
To help the Church fulfill her mission by providing a hol(y)istic curriculum that addresses the special interests, life skills and training needs of the community in a spiritual and academic environment. Ministry to the total person is our goal. Our Saturday Hol(y)istic School offers spiritual, personal, physical, emotional, and social development opportunities – golf, crafts, Sign Language, training and health seminars. The instructors are volunteers from Greenforest and the community.
Christian Academic Center
Click here to learn more.